Upcoming events & Activities
We're Having a Birthday!!
Next February 2, 2017, First Parish of Norwell, Unitarian Universalist will be 375 years old! Plans are moving ahead for celebrating this momentous accomplishment. Using our new logo, we will have banners both inside and outside the church; we will have T-shirts available for all to order. Last chance to order t-shirts is Wednesday, August 17! We also plan to have a yearlong "Outreach" project.
Here are some plans:
• Following our opening Water Communion service on September 11, our celebratory year will kick off with a trek (tentatively Sunday, September 18, details to follow). We hope to start at the boulder at Meeting House Lane that commemorates the site of our first place of worship.
- • We will have an all-church potluck supper either Friday, September 23 or 30 and will create a time line around the Parish Hall to mark the significant events in our 375 years.
- • A very special organ concert will be offered on Sunday, October 9 when Heinrich Christensen, music director of King's Chapel, Boston, will perform a 3 pm recital celebrating 375 years of music.
- • On October 22 or 23 we plan to invite the entire community to our church grounds for a 375th Fall Festival with fun activities for all ages.
- • At our Holiday Fair on November 19, look for a special 375th booth with First Parish "collectibles" for purchase.
- • Our December Community Christmas Eve services will have a special theme around our historic year.
- • Sunday, February 5, will be the important birthday service with special guests and a “Birthday Cake” reception.
- • The Alliance of First Parish will host a Wednesday morning program, March 15, where a re-enactor from Plimouth Plantation will visit, in character, to discuss the clothing and daily life of a “goodwife” from the year 1624.
- • On Sunday, April 23, we will plant a tree in anticipation of many years of growth ahead!
- • We will conclude our year with a celebratory "Tastes of 1642" dinner – date to be determined – that will include special foods, music and dance!
What a year we have planned! There will be many smaller moments that will combine with these events to make this a very special year indeed. The 375th Committee looks forward to your support and involvement.
Sue Robinson, Chair
Members: Scott Babcock, Roberta Fairbanks, Lindsey Houston, Joanne Howard, Debi Meddaugh, John Meddaugh, Elizabeth Robey, Elizabeth Robinson, Dexter Robinson, Bob Sutter, and Rev. Lise Adams Sherry
Photos from our Recent Events are posted on our Facebook page! Take a look!
Past Events & Activities
A Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols
Annual North River Regatta
Annual Spring Golf Tournament
Annual Holiday Fair
Goods & Services Auction
Family Bowling Night
80s Dance Party
All Church RE Picnic