It's Our birthday Year!
See our 375th Anniversary page for more details!
Your 375th committee has many events planned.
Monday, January 9, 2017 - Plan on a 6:00 pm start time, but look for a separate invitation a little closer to the event. The host will be Bernie Gardner (177 Washington Street, Pembroke).
Here is how it works:
• The host will provide a main dish, eating utensils and a place to share good food and good company.
• The guests will bring an appetizer, dessert or side dish to share, a drink for themselves and will bus their dishes after dinner.
• Please let Bernie (firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-829-0932) know if you are coming and what you plan to share. The host needs to get a head count so they can shop and make room, so please let him know at least a few days ahead.
Here is how you can make it even better:
• Please help get the word out on this potluck, especially to folks who might not know there is another way to enjoy our community.
• Please offer to share a ride with someone, especially if that helps them be able to make it.
• We are still looking for hosts for each month from February through June. Please let Jack Wallace (email@example.com) know if you want to host. If you want to help but don’t have room at your house, or have room but don't want to prepare alone, I will work to pair you up.
Members and friends of First Parish are invited to attend a mandala workshop in the parish hall on Wednesday, January 18 led by Sue Robinson and Karen Baker. Although mandalas’ abstract circular designs appear to be very complicated, they are quite easy to create. They generally have a center point, from which emanates an array of symbols, shapes and forms. After the bustle of the holiday season, it will be good to have a relaxing and enjoyable morning making mandalas and visiting with friends. The meeting begins at 10:00 am with light refreshments, followed by our workshop.
What is a “cottage meeting?” It’s simply an open invitation for all to gather in a small group session. The Parish Committee, along with a few other key church committees, would like to solicit your feedback regarding crucial topics and issues relating to FPN. We are planning to hold four of these meetings over the next couple of months, asking the same questions at each one, so there is no need to attend more than one of these sessions. Anticipated time for each meeting would run up to one hour.
The first gathering will be held on Sunday, January 22 following Coffee Hour at 11:30 am in the Fogg Parlor. Childcare will be provided! Should that date not work for you, the following cottage meetings will be held on: Wednesday, February 15 (7pm), Sunday, February 26 (11:30 am) and Friday, March 10 (6:15 pm), all in the Fogg Parlor.
Please take a look at your new 2017 calendars and see if you may “plug in” a date now. Obtaining a wide spectrum of feedback from the FPN community from the questions we are asking would most certainly be welcomed and appreciated. See (or get in contact with) Les Taylor, Chair of the Parish Committee, for further details. Thank you!
Sunday, January 29 - Plan to leave right after worship! Contact/see Mandy Metzger (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info or to sign up.
375th Service and Reception that will commemorate this historic year. Mark your calendars for the special worship service on Sunday, February 5, 2017 (snow date will be February 12), when we will celebrate the founding of our church community 375 years ago. Invitations are going to many beyond our church to attend the morning service and child-friendly “high tea” reception. This service for all ages will tell the story of our founding, the highlights of our history and the goals for our future.
Reminder that SShAGLY returned on Monday, Nov. 28th! Join us at our monthly meetings at the new location in Duxbury on the fourth Monday of every month. Added bonus (besides the pizza, that is): the South Shore Chapter of PFLAG (Parents & Friends of LGBTQ) will meet in a separate room at the same time. Find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SouthShorePFLAG/
Location: First Parish Church Duxbury, 842 Tremont Street, Rt. 3A next to the Duxbury Town Hall. Both run 7:30 - 9pm. All are welcome!
Photos from our Recent Events are posted on our Facebook page! Take a look!