It's Our birthday Year!
See our 375th Anniversary page for more details!
Your 375th committee has many events planned.
Who: All women of FPN - Where: Denise Rachel’s home, 179 Norwell Avenue, Norwell - When: Friday, December 9 at 6 pm
Please RSVP to Denise Rachel (email@example.com) and Bev Gardner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Bring something to eat for the "You bring it; we'll eat it" potluck supper
2. We traditionally have each brought something for a woman in a homeless shelter. Bring a gift or shampoo, lotion, stamps, anything nice for a woman.
3. If you wish to participate, bring an item for a Yankee Swap (under $12.)
Some background- the Women’s Group was initiated by Carol Marsh and Elizabeth Tarbox as a support group way, way back. We began hosting the women of First Parish at a Christmas party sometime after that. (The actual support group stopped meeting regularly about 2012...) We are so pleased that many women who weren’t in the original support group have joined us for the party over the years. Please come!
The Helen Fogg Service Committee was informed of a way to help Syrian refugees, through www.nudaysyria.net. They are accepting gently used/new clothing, disposable diapers, liquid infant formula and cases of canned tuna locally at 95 Hemlock Drive, Norwell until December 14. (Please leave bagged items in the far left of the driveway near the house in front of the wood shed.) Donations may also be made online at their website. If you have additional questions, or would like to help volunteer, please contact Karen Kane at 617-823-7130.
Peg Kitchenham is organizing a local vigil to end gun violence. We will gather on Wednesday, December 14 at 6:00 pm on the Norwell Common/Triangle in front of the James Library, standing at the Route 123 end. Bring a safe light and a friend. We will meet in remembrance of victims and in determination to save lives moving forward. Help us shine a light on this tragic toll. There will also be a vigil in Boston at 6:15 pm at the First Church, 44 Marlborough Street. Attorney General Maura Healey will speak.
Cookies needed! We are going to revive the tradition of sharing cookies for the Coffee Hour on Santa Sunday, when he makes a visit in the Parish Hall following the annual RE Christmas pageant. Please being a plate of home-made cookies to share. Cookie donations are also needed on Christmas Eve for the Jingle Mingle. Cookies for both events can be dropped off on the 18th and we will freeze any leftovers for the Jingle Mingle on the 24th. See Peg Kitchenham with any questions.
This year as one of our 375th celebratory events, we are having a "Jingle Mingle" in between the Christmas Eve worship services. So please stay after or come early and enjoy a coffee and hot cocoa bar, cookies, a free family photo booth, and mingle with friends old and new.
Monday, January 9, 2017 - Plan on a 6:00 pm start time, but look for a separate invitation a little closer to the event. The host will be Bernie Gardner (177 Washington Street, Pembroke).
Here is how it works:
• The host will provide a main dish, eating utensils and a place to share good food and good company.
• The guests will bring an appetizer, dessert or side dish to share, a drink for themselves and will bus their dishes after dinner.
• Please let Bernie (email@example.com or 781-829-0932) know if you are coming and what you plan to share. The host needs to get a head count so they can shop and make room, so please let him know at least a few days ahead.
Here is how you can make it even better:
• Please help get the word out on this potluck, especially to folks who might not know there is another way to enjoy our community.
• Please offer to share a ride with someone, especially if that helps them be able to make it.
• We are still looking for hosts for each month from February through June. Please let Jack Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you want to host. If you want to help but don’t have room at your house, or have room but don't want to prepare alone, I will work to pair you up.
Note that there is NO POTLUCK in December.
Reminder that SShAGLY returned on Monday, Nov. 28th! Join us at our monthly meetings at the new location in Duxbury on the fourth Monday of every month. Added bonus (besides the pizza, that is): the South Shore Chapter of PFLAG (Parents & Friends of LGBTQ) will meet in a separate room at the same time. Find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SouthShorePFLAG/
Location: First Parish Church Duxbury, 842 Tremont Street, Rt. 3A next to the Duxbury Town Hall. Both run 7:30 - 9pm. All are welcome!
Photos from our Recent Events are posted on our Facebook page! Take a look!